Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Introductions...

Where do I begin? Perhaps introductions are in order. I’ll go with…Black Eyed Susan for the moment. Aptly named for the character penned by the iconic Morrissey, to whom I owe my ability to reach this ripe old age of 24. Sad it may seem but true. Had it not been for his reassurance that someone else in this endless void understood I doubt I would have found a way out of the awful social experience known as our “teen” years. I still shudder at the thought and a vague dull pain seats itself somewhere in my bowls at the mere memory.
My father and I have a strained relationship at best though I could not possibly love him anymore his obsession with his insane Conservative Republican beliefs creates a distance between us that we can rarely navigate. Most often we are unable to utter a word to one another without the apocalypse descending upon his living room. He is infatuated with the ramblings of self appointed talk radio martyr Michael Savage, and I think that says enough. The only person I’ve ever heard who I found more insane is Fred Phelps and when only Fred Phelps is more insane than you are I think it’s time to
Reevaluate yourself.
But I suppose I digress. My point is, if I had one to begin with, that due to my fathers constant narrative of absurdities I was forced by my inability to agree with him on any political concept to learn what exactly was going on in the American government in order to form my own concept of what exactly I agreed with or disagreed with and more importantly why. As an end to my tangent rich tirade for the day suffice it to say the following:
I am not a Republican
I am not a Democrat
The Bipartisan system is hurting the American People
The American people need to stop watching American Idol for three seconds and pay attention to things that will actually effect their lives.
Religion is a terrible plight on society.

No comments: